Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Calvary Baptist Temple, Our House and Easter Pictures, . . . in reverse!
































Here are a few pictures of the church. It is a small building, about 100 years old. It used to be an old Lutheran church. It has been really exciting being here. Our house is smaller than the one in Grand Rapids, but it has more living space so it really is bigger. I have three rooms I absolutely love. The kitchen, it's great and the greatest thing is, it's in the middle of the house. You can come to my house and I could have counters of dirty dishes and you would never know it, unless of course you had to go to the bathroom which is right off of the kitchen, but if that were the case I would take you over to my neighbor's house, she really sweet and you could use her's! No, seriously, it is great! It has a dishwasher (the best ever), a garbage disposal (how did I ever live without one before now?), and best of all, it's in the middle of the house. I can't tell you how that excites me! I have two more favorite rooms and I really can't decide which I like best. The laundry room. It's right off the kitchen and it is great. I can't tell you why but I love that room! Then there's the "all purpose room". It has the futon for guests, the children's toys, but only a few because I rotate them out now, less mess and surprisingly they play with them more. It also has my scrap desk and a book shelf as well as my sewing room. It is such an easy acess. I can be sewing or scrapping and the kids are in there with me. If they are in the front room I am so close that it doesn't matter. If I need to sew something quick I can, if I need to make a quick card, I can also do that. If I need to shove stuff in there so my house gives the appearance of clean :o) I can! I love it! The front room is nice and cozy and the dining room is coming . . . it just needs a table and chairs! The bedrooms are upstairs and that is wonderful! I love this house. Right now we are painting it and it is great!

The lamb pictures she did all on her own. She got that in or rather holding her easter basket. She loves that lamb. I told her we were going to take some pictures and she wanted to do it with the lamb. They turned out pretty cute. The hat you see was last year's hat and it got just about as much wear as last year, a few pictures and about 10 minutes worth of wear at church. Oh well, at least I didn't spend money on it this year! The Easter dress, the Lord blessed us with at a yard sale! Only . . . $0.25. Isn't God good? I personally think she looks like a million bucks, God provides not only our needs but our desires as well!!!!!!!! The other pictures were taken after her nap. The dress was wrinkled and ketchupped by this time so we put on something more comfortable. We were going for a bike ride anyways, so it was time to change.


The first pictures were taken right before she laid down for her nap. She had taken off her ketchupped wrinkled dress and was running around in her slip. She was supposed to be laying down taking a nap. I love how these turned out. I'm thinking of sepia toning them and enlarging them then putting them up in the house. I almost felt like steve troell when I saw these pictures, almost but not quite. I felt like he might say, they're good for a ammature! It would have been my crowning moment in my history of my limited photography!

No comments: